I’m happy to announce the PlatformPro Version 1.3 from PageLines that is one of the best WordPress theme framework in the world. This is not only update, but also comes with tons of new features that you are going to love. While there are approximately 20 new features and options in this release. The most important new additions are attached below.
PlatformPro Layout Editor
- Drag & Drop Design Control – Create and customize your site by dragging and dropping ‘sections’ of content around your theme
- Layout Builder – drag & drop layout dimensions and configure each of 5 different sidebar layout options on a page / post basis
- Design Modes – Choose from tons of design modes such as: magazine or blog layout; full-width or fixed-width site design
- Plug-andPlay Sections – pre-designed pieces of web design (e.g. a feature slider, navigation, carousel, etc..) managed by the section API; so all you ever see is a simple drag and drop interface and options
- Controls – Sections can be toggled on or off on a page-by-page basis and add their own post-types and options. This means total control of every page on your site
- Development – Can be created and modified by designers in the Base child theme, meaning designers can add or alter the drag & drop sections in seconds
- Simple – Sections add standard html markup and custom hooks (for extending functionality). Cutting down on a lot of code while giving more functionality at the same time
- bbPress and BuddyPress Integrated – supports integrations with BuddyPress and has a matching bbPress forum theme (developer edition)
- Child Theme Support – to help you customize Platform easily and with best-practices for building a website using “hooks” and custom CSS
- Meta Options – Customize everything on a page-by-page basis through meta options. For example, the number of boxes, items in a carousel, custom images, and more
- Advanded Fonts – Platform allows you to integrate the Google fonts API or Cufon based fonts in seconds
- SEO Tuned – Tuned code for optimal search engine performance and accessibility. Works with all major SEO meta plugins
- WordPress 3.0+ supports the coolest new WP features like custom post types, menus, and custom ‘taxonomies’ (i.e. custom categorizing)
New Features in PlatformPro 1.3 :
- Web Typography – A revolutionary new typography tool.
- Choose from over 50 font options (including Google API Fonts)
- Select font weight, styling, spacing, transform (e.g. uppercase) and variant (e.g. small-caps)
- Preview your custom typefaces live, using the live preview pane
- MetaPanel – The MetaPanel is a new interface for working with the CMS meta options that come in PlatformPro. It combines all the options into one panel, and gives you tabs for each sections you are working with. This should make your workflow liquid fast.
- BrandNav – The BrandNav is a new graphical section which essentially combines your site branding/logo and your site navigation, inline. This was a frequently requested customization and it should save a lot of people some time.
- Developer and Child Theming – Developer and child theming API improvements
- Template Overriding – Overwrite section templates with files in Base.
- Custom Templates – Add new drag + drop templates, with a file and a function.
- Custom Option Types – New hook for adding new types of options.
Watch the tour video for more details.
Platform Pro: $95
Platform Pro Developer: $175