WP-DaVinci is the latest premium WordPress themes from Solostream, it’s far beyond all Solostream themes that released in the past. WP-Davinci is the first attempt at creating a WordPress theme framework. A theme framework is similar to a standard WordPress theme, except a framework is designed to be a flexible foundation to speed up theme development. It also makes it easier to update your theme whenever the need arises, such as when a core WordPress update impacts theme functionality. With a framework, updates can be done without messing up any custom modifications you may have made to the theme.
Solostream welcome any feedback on it as they can continue to develop it over the coming months until WP-DaVinci can be considered a full-fledged theme framework. Let’s make some comments on Solostream!
Here are some excellent features:
- Multiple Page Layouts — There are 7 different page layouts, including 2-column, 3-column and full-width layouts. An added twist is that you can select your page layout site-wide via the theme settings page, or you can select it on a per-post or per-page basis from a drop-down box on the Add Post/Add Page console.
- Featured Content Options — There are 3 different featured content options; a Featured Article slider, a Featured Videos slider and a Photo Galleries slider. You can add any or all the featured content to you home page (as shown on demo site), and you can also add it to an individual page or post via the Add Post/Add Page screen.
- Banner Ad Integration and Management — There are several built-in banner ad sections that can be managed via the theme settings page. You can also manage the various ads on the Add Post/Add Page screen.
- Pimped-Out Theme Settings Page — The new theme settings page is created with a jQuery tabbed navigation script to help shorten the height of the page, and it looks a whole lot prettier too. Below is the screenshot.
- Four Built-in Styles and Style Modifications via Theme Settings Page — You can see the four different built-in style on the demo site. In addition to that, on the theme settings page, you’re able to modify the look of the theme yourself. In particular, you can change the following items:
- Body background (color or image)
- Body font and link color
- Custom logo
- Navigation bars background color and link color
- Post title font and link color
WP-DaVinci Demo Screenshot
- WordPress 3.0+ Compatible (Including Menu Management)
- Clean, 2-Column or 3-Column Layout
- Widgetized Sidebar
- Drop-Down Navigation
- Theme Settings Page for Easy Customization
- 4 Built-In Styles
- YouTube Videos Widget
- Category Posts Widget
- Subscription Form Widget With Social Networking Integration
- Footer Widgets
- Narrow and Wide Featured Articles Slider
- Optional Photo Galleries Slider on Home Page
- Optional Featured Videos Slider on Home Page
- Quick and Easy Logo Integration
- Multiple Home Page Post Layouts
- Threaded Comments
- Gravatar Integration
- Multiple Banner Ad Locations
- Post Thumbnails
- Multiple Post and Page Layout Options
- Built-In Author Page
- And More
WP-DaVinci Basic Edition: $79
WP-DaVinci Premium Edition: $129(Best Offer)
WP-DaVinci Developer Edition: $279